I've been being distracted by modern life this year, but there will be things forthcoming
- stand by for the Blue Wool Officer's Suit, doublet and breeches tailored to the client, involving fine-wool, white-linen lining, canvas, muslin, cotton batting and many yards of white linen thread to stitch it all together. Officer's shirt to go with it. And pewter buttons. Only not on the shirt, obviously.
- stand by for the Gloves of Bling. Well, glove-cuffs, not making the actual gloves myself... They need to be finished by late January, because I need to be starting another project then. They are spectacularly over-the-top and I love them already. Featuring ivory silk-velvet; 1.5mm glass beads in red and blue and golden-brown; many yards of gold thread (real gold!) as well as gold smooth purl and possibly gold spangles, both real gold as well. Fifteen colours of silk for the polychrome embroidery. Coloured silk to line them. And learning a tiny bit of bobbin-lace to make approx 16 foot of very narrow edging-lace to edge all of the tabs.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment